This coming September 20th the Administration for Children and Families in partnership with Colorado Department of Human services and Colorado Coalition Against Domestic Violence will be hosting a free conference in Durango, CO for anyone interesting in supporting the positive development of healthy kids, families, and communities.
The theme of the conference is “Thinking Outside The Box” with the goal of connecting family service providers from multidisciplinary backgrounds for a boundary stretching, exploration of promising practices in Human Services. Presentation topics include:
- Breaking Human Services Silos & enhancing collaborations to provide holistic services
- Partnering with fathers to promote positive outcomes for kids and families
- Domestic Violence and sexual assault – it’s everybody’s business
- Teen Pregnancy prevention strategies and Relationship Education trends
- ASSET building – can people in poverty save money?
- Media Literacy and gender socialization
- Engaging men and boys
- Tyler Osterhaus – Colorado Men Against Domestic Violence, Feminist Fatherhood
- Beth Collins-Colorado Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Jennifer Morganto – Colorado Dept. of Human Services PREP Program
- Sandy Naatz – Administration for Children and Families